Press Release Archive
Check back here to see the press releases from past years.
The following is a list of collapsible links. After selecting the link, additional content will expand. Arrow down to read the additional content.
- March 12, 2020 - District Update
This is Mohawk Trail/Hawlemont Regional School Districts Interim Superintendent of Schools Pat Bell. I'm reaching out to you this evening to update you on the districts' status regarding COVID-19. Our districts fall into the low risk category as defined by the CDC. There are no confirmed or presumptive cases currently reported for our district and operations will continue as normal. Several on- and off-campus events and field trips have been canceled. We will share that list with you on Friday, March 13.
Should our situation change, we will use our regular communication vehicles to share updates such as all-calls, our website, email, and official school and district social media outlets. I encourage you to follow the CDC's recommendations to minimize your risk of illness.
I wish you a pleasant evening; we will talk again soon.
- March 11, 2020 - Novel Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- August 23, 2019 - MTRS and TFHS Apply for Co-op Status to Save Football Program
- August 5, 2019 - MTRSD awarded $59,978 Safer Schools and Communities Grant for Security Upgrades
- July 3, 2019 - MTRS Welcomes Diane Zamer to New Assistant Principal Position
- May 21, 2019 - MTRS Music Department receives $5,000 GRAMMY Museum Signature School Award
- March 5, 2019 - Sanderson Academy Teacher Melanie Manley Receives 2019 Excellence in Teaching Award
- January 7, 2019 - Mohawk Trail Regional School Awarded $150,000 Mass IDEAS Planning Grant
- December 12, 2018 - MTRSD After Care Program Receives $50,000 Donation to Fund Enrichment Programming
- November 29, 2018 - 2018–2019 Superintendent’s Award Recipients Meghan R. Davis and Lily A. Wickland-Shearer
- November 27, 2018 - Mohawk Trail Regional School Awarded $14,800 Mass IDEAS Mini-Grant
- November 27, 2018 - Colrain Service Learning Program Enhances Student Connections to Community
- September 19, 2018 - Mohawk Trail Regional School Hosts Annual Back to School Night
- August 21, 2018 - Mohawk Trail/Hawlemont Regional School Districts Launch Redesigned Websites
- June 27, 2018 - Mohawk Trail Regional School District Opens New After Care Program This Fall
- May 25, 2018 - MTRS Student Council Sends School Supplies to Help Students in Puerto Rico Impacted by Hurricanes
- May 1, 2018 - Mohawk Trail Runner Earns Place at Nationals, Looks to Outdoor Season for New Challenges
- April 24, 2018 - Baystate Franklin Medical Center’s Student Ambassador Program Provides Medical Career Pipeline for Local High School Students
- March 29, 2018 - Literacy Celebrated at Buckland-Shelburne Elementary
- March 23, 2018 - Sanderson Academy Students Embrace Week-Long Pi Celebration
- March 20, 2018 - Mohawk Trail Educators Gain Insight Through Classroom Visits
- March 5, 2018 - Mohawk Trail Guidance Counselor Taffy Ruggeri Receives 2018 Excellence in Teaching Award
- March 5, 2018 - Mohawk Trail Regional/Hawlemont School System to Host Showcase of Student Learning