Non-Discrimination Policy, Including Harassment and Retaliation
The Mohawk Trail Regional School District (MTRSD) is committed to maintaining and promoting an educational environment free from all forms of discrimination, including harassment. The civil rights of all school community members are guaranteed by law, and the protection of those rights is of utmost importance and priority to the District. The members of the school community include the students, employees, administration, faculty, staff, volunteers in the schools, School Committee, and parties contracted to perform work for MTRSD.
The Mohawk Trail Regional School District does not exclude from participation, deny the benefits of MTRSD from, or otherwise discriminate against individuals on the basis of race (including traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture, hair type, hair length, and protective hairstyles), color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, active military/veteran status, marital status, familial status, pregnancy, or pregnancy-related condition, homelessness, ancestry, ethnic background, national origin, or any other category protected by state or federal law in the administration of its educational and employment policies, or in its programs and activities. Such discrimination will not be tolerated. Retaliation against any student or other individual who has complained of discrimination, including harassment, or individuals who have cooperated with an investigation of such a complaint is also unlawful and will not be tolerated.
The District will promptly investigate, remedy any harm, seek to prevent recurrence of such conduct, and will also develop procedures to accomplish this end. This policy applies to conduct directed toward persons associated with the educational community by all other persons associated with the educational community, including, but not limited to, students, District employees, the School Committee, school volunteers, and independent contractors.
- Title VI, Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Title VII, Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended by the Equal Employment Opportunity Act of 1972 Executive Order 11246, as amended by E.O. 11375
- Equal Pay Act, as amended by the Education Amendments of 1972 Title IX, Education Amendments of 1972
- Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- Education for All Handicapped Children Act of 1975
- No Child Left Behind Act of 2001, 20 U.S.C. § 7905 (The Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act)
- M.G.L. 71B:1 et seq. (Chapter 766 of the Acts of 1972)
- Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972
- Chapter 117, Acts of 2022
- ACE, Non-Discrimination on the Basis of Disability
- ACAB, Sexual Harassment